Hello RCMA Students and Parents,
Summer Camps: Our first summer camp week (6/7-6/11) starts Monday! We have a few spots still available for June and our July camp (7/5-7/9) and August camp (8/2-8/6).
Please email us back soon if you're interested in signing up.
*Please note: We will continue to have our regularly scheduled classes after camps (current schedule next week) but all classes will be held at the dojo.
Classes normally at the Big Wave Farm in Princeton will be held at the dojo on all camp weeks. We will send out a reminder of this change the week of camp.
**If your child is coming to camp and they have class soon after (in the 3 o'clock hour), they may stay with us during that time in between; however, some kid's may need a little break in between camp and class. We recommend packing an extra snack for them if they are staying. Otherwise, pickup is at 3pm.
New Schedule effective Monday 6/21/21: We are excited to see so many new faces and returning ones back on the mats! With that, we are adding a few more classes to our schedule, switching up some times and locations, and unfortunately, canceling some too.
1) We are staying at the Big Wave Farm only one day per week on Thursdays. We will have one class dedicated to all level BJJ students ages 5+ from 3:30-4:15pm and one class dedicated to all rank Karate students ages 5+ from 4:30-5:15pm. Please see the attached schedule that starts 6/21.
2) The time has come to cancel all our Zoom classes going forward (starting next week). It has been such a blessing having Zoom available this past +year to connect with many of you, and we are so grateful that you stuck it out with us.
3) Adult Boxing on Mondays at 7pm will be off our schedule going forward (starting 6/7). Unfortunately, we haven't had enough attendances to keep it going; however, we still have Adult Boxing on Wednesdays at 7pm.
...BUT, Daniela will still be teaching Kids Boxing on Tuesdays at 4pm now. Daniela is an exceptional boxing instructor, and we are so lucky to have her teaching the kids. Instruction is in English and Spanish which is great for all our bilingual students out there. Please come check it out anytime!
4) New Fitness Class- Steel Mace Movement with Linzy Geier. Linzy has been training with us at RCMA for a few years and is a NASM certified personal trainer that is available for personal training. She is teaching Steel Mace Movement at RCMA on Monday 8:30-9:30am, Tuesdays 12:30-1:30pm and Thursdays 5-6pm and is open to other day and time suggestions.
Please contact Linzy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this unique and fun workout.
5) Please make sure to check the schedule for class time changes and new classes. For example, we have added two more Little Samurai classes, and we have shifted the time on Thursdays to start at 12pm.
Wrestling Camp: Emilio Bautista and Evan Marshall, two decorated HMBHS Wrestling students, recent college graduates, and students of ours since they were in elementary and middle school are hosting a Wrestling Camp 6/14-6/18 at the dojo.
Time: 10am-1pm Age: students from 8th grade to Seniors.
Please bring lunch (except Friday) and a reusable, filled water bottle and your gear.
Cost is $200 for the week (no drop ins; full week commitment only).
Please contact Emilio directly at email@example.com for more information, to sign up and payment.
RCMA Closed (with exceptions): From June 14-19, there will not be any Kids BJJ, Karate classes or Boxing on Tuesday 6/15. Our new schedule attached will start Monday 6/21 when we return. All adult classes and boxing on Fridays will be on for 6/14-18.
Reminder: Please sign in at the desk for all attendances.
We will be having 3 Martial Arts Camps this summer.
Week 1: June 7-11
Week 2: July 5-9
Week 3: August 2-6
Age: 5yrs+ (under 5 yrs with permission)
Cost: $400 per week per student; $350 per week for siblings.
Registration: Email back the attached waiver to sign up; $100 deposit required. Full refund of deposit for cancellations before one week of your camp week.
No refund for cancellations less than one week of camp. Payments can be made by check, cc, cash or Venmo (@Raul-Castillo-54, last 4 digits 5695).
Full week commitment required.
Camp Days include:
Martial Arts lessons in Karate, Boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Self Defense
Free time and organized fun with obstacle courses, jumpy house, nerf
Campers will need reusable, filled water bottles (please no single use plastic bottles; we will have water for refills), socks and shoes, gi/belt if you have one, snack and lunch.